Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm back in the four-legged chicken game again.

Last week, I received the gift of yet another four-legged chicken. It's still just a baby, only a couple weeks old. In this video it's drowsy after a big lunch and slightly annoyed that I just won't let it sleep.


I don't know if it's a boy or girl so there's no official name yet. The current placeholder name is Telegram Sam because it reminds me of an old-fashioned telegraph transmitter tapping out Morse Code (and also because I like T. Rex).

As I write this, Sam is perched on my shoulder, peeping rather loudly directly into my ear. Any minute now, Sam will probably poop on me with its two poop chutes. Yep, Sam comes equipped with dual exhaust.

It will be a couple months before I can consider integrating Sam into the main flock. Until then, I am Sam's mother and will be spending a lot of time with this baby bird under my wing (which actually means it likes to sleep with it's head tucked into my armpit).

No comments: